Welcome to the Consulate General of The Republic of Latvia to Lebanon
The Consulate General of Latvia in Beirut represents the Republic of Latvia in Lebanon and covers the 5 Boroughs of Beirut, Zahle, North of Lebanon, the South of Lebanon, and the Mont Lebanon. Its broad mission is to promote Latvian interests in Lebanon and to provide assistance to Latvians visiting Lebanon and residents. The Consulate seeks to assist in fostering broader knowledge in Lebanon about Latvia and to facilitate increased business, educational, and cultural relations between Lebanon and Latvia - one of the European Union's fastest growing and historically and culturally interesting nations.
Things you should know about Riga
- Riga is the largest city in the three Baltic States
- There are three major ports in Latvia - Liepaja, Riga and Ventspils, as well as seven smaller ports - Skulte, Mersrags, Salacgriva, Pavilosta, Roja, Lielupe and Engure, which are situated along the entire coastline of Latvia.
- Riga is Europe's capital of art nouveau architecture
- Riga is one of the greenest city in the region
- Historic center in Riga is included in the UNESCO world heritage list
- Riga , ranked as the best large European city for cost effectiveness by FDI Magazine
|Largest cities or towns of Latvia|
According to Baltic News Network
Minister of Culture: Latvia can relax about summer festivals – there will be no restrictions